Welcome to my Life...

A Blog geared toward sharing how I live Primally while still being a girly girl!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pink Clothes, Birthday Cake and Why I Want To Be 3 Again!

So today I attended my little cousin's 3rd birthday bash! She is sooo stinking cute and sweet and loveable I wish I could buy her everything in the little girls' section (Let's be real...Guinness is cute, but he doesn't really dig pink clothes and matching outfits)! This little girl is amazing. I am constantly in awe of the cute things she says and how she can be incredibly bashful and hilarious all in the same five minutes!

Happy Birthday little one! I hope you know you are loved!

So, on to why I wanna be 3 again...

Today I watched as she played, danced around, jumped from lap to lap, grandma to grandma, and blew out the candles on her adorable Hello Kitty birthday cake. We celebrated her life today. Awesome, I know! And as I sat there I thought..."Damn, I wanna be 3 again. This kid has the LIFE! She got toys, clothes, cake and a million hugs and kisses, all in the same day....and SHE DOESN'T HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD!" Do you remember the last time you didn't have a care in the world? When your biggest worry was, "When do I get to open my presents?" and not, "When is that bill due?" Well, I couldn't tell ya exactly when, but I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped to think about that in awhile! And man, am I just a wee bit jealous of that little girl!

I remember those years of my life and let's face it, I want them back (and then I would like to skip over the awkward times like middle school and high school when I had braces and boys were foreign objects). I wish I knew how little time I would have to be worry-free and three! Those were obviously some of the sweetest years of my life and I had no clue! I had no clue because I didn't HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD...because I was busy being a KID!

Anyhow, I got the little one a couple of cute little outfits because let's face it...I like to shop! But, now that I stop to think about it, I wish I would have gotten her something else. Something more. I wish I could give her a beautiful, worry-free little LIFE--a million days just like this one! How much would she thank me later? How cool would THIS cousin be? Nope, instead, I got her jeans and a cute little sweatsuit...that's all.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is... here's to you, little "B"! I hope you had a magical day and you loved every little toy you received and every hug and kiss we smothered you with, and I wish I could turn today into a hundred-million of those for you! But I am just your cousin and I don't think it's gonna be possible, plus Guinness is just hairy and has no real 'skills' in that department. So I hope you had fun, at the very least...because I did!

Happy Birthday Little B! You are a beautiful little ray of sunshine! Love you!

I hope you will forgive me for the present, it's the thought that counts, right?...XOXO!

CHEERS TO LIFE! --Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment