Welcome to my Life...

A Blog geared toward sharing how I live Primally while still being a girly girl!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bree's Easter WOD

Happy Easter everyone! I know I have enjoyed this weekend to the fullest and it's not even over yet...however...

This weekend has been especially difficult with keeping Primal in diet and exercise. In fact, this whole week I had originally set out to have zero alcohol! On Monday, I was talking to a Primal friend and just made the statement that I wouldn't drink this week...well, that all went right out the window by Wednesday evening (I think). Anyway, I had a beer and then Friday turned into an entire day by the pool with a couple of my best girlfriends and then...boom...I drank alcohol and ate a bunch of crap. Oh well, it is what it is. I think this just goes to show that I am completely human. Trust me, I will get back on the Primal horse tomorrow and keep on going because it makes me feel so much better!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and was somehow magically motivated to workout after eating like complete crap the last few days and this is the workout that I came up with at the gym. By the way...you don't really even need a gym to do this workout, just some motivation to get moving. So here it is:

1 mile jog
Tabata sprints 8:20:10 (this means 8 sprints for 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off)

1 set of burpees 10-12 burpees each set ( I don't try to count them, I just do as many as I can per set until I feel like I might die, then stop).
20 seconds of push-up position planks (hold both feet on floor for first 10 sec, then lift each foot for 5 seconds totally 20 seconds)
REPEAT 2 times for a total of 3 sets

20 walking lunges (bodyweight only)
10 to 15 pushups (modify if necessary)
REPEAT 2 times for a total of 3 sets

20 squats (bodyweight only)
10 jumping lunges (no weights for obvious safety reasons)
REPEAT 2 times for a total of 3 sets

15 Tricep dips (you can do this on the side of a bench or do some real ones on parallel bars)
10 jump squats
REPEAT 2 times for a total of 3 sets

I was in and out of the gym in 45 minutes! The trick is to just push through each set of exercises to keep that heart rate in the aerobic burn zone but not maxed out. I have learned that you burn the most fat in the aerobic zone at 50 to 75% of your max heart rate.

The mentality in Primal exercise is that it should simulate the natural movements of the body and not put added stress on the body. As far as I can remember...Added stress during workouts can release cortisol--> increased cortisol= difficulty losing weight because your body thinks it needs extra energy under stressful conditions. This is why they always say keep your stress low, get sleep--blah, blah, blah all that jazz when trying to lose weight. You see--the body knows what to do in every situation...it's smart like that!

(P.S., I'm not a doctor, trainer or anything of the like...I'm just sharing the knowledge of the blogs I've read and what the trainers and experts in the field recommend in hopes that I can help others who have some interest in health and fitness.)

I hope you all have a very HAPPY EASTER!

Cheers to Life! --Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment