Welcome to my Life...

A Blog geared toward sharing how I live Primally while still being a girly girl!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Morning Workout--Back to the Basics!

Every Primal/Paleo cite I read has some sort of recommendation for a Workout of the Week (WOW), so my blog would not be complete without one! HELLO, Bree!

The goal of my weekly workouts will be to get people moving and most of them can be done right in your living room--barefoot or in these sweet Vibrams (see picture)

If you haven't done so already, download Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook. It's completely FREE and it will explain and demonstrate some basic movements to get you moving! I highly recommend it because it will explain why we don't really need a massive gym and crazy equipment to stay in shape. Our bodies were meant to move and function in the environment with ease. These basic movements are in line with what our bodies were meant to do and will help make your daily activities that much easier!

So, here's my Monday Morning Workout to get you moving!

1) Basic Plank--hold for 1 minute
2) 50 Squats--please read Mark's for the proper form because I am no trainer and I gotta keep it real.
3) 25 push-ups (BIG GIRL PUSHUPS)
4) 10 Overhead presses--modified to Level 4

Then REPEAT this!

This workout takes 25 minutes start-to-finish! Just try your best! If you need to modify, use Mark's PBF ebook to assist you and most of all, I hope you all have a great Monday!

Cheers to LIFE!--Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment