Welcome to my Life...

A Blog geared toward sharing how I live Primally while still being a girly girl!

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Day In the Life of Primal Eating!

Since Primal eating is technically a 'restrictive' diet/lifestyle I thought you all might be curious to see just what people who eat primally eat everyday.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 pork sausage and approximately 1 1/2 cups of steamed broccoli (I don't measure it--I just eyeball about how much I want to put in my tummy).

Lunch: Leftover Shrimp and sweet potato concoction made with asparagus, onions, garlic, brussel sprouts and some coconut oil.

Snack: I ate some trail mix (raisins and nuts--mostly almonds and cashews)...I'm guessing I ate about 1/4 cup here.

Dinner: One grass-fed beef hamburger with some manchengo cheese and asparagus cooked in coconut oil with some garlic and lemon.

Now today here was my meal plan:

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked through in coconut oil and three slices of turkey bacon. I topped the eggs off with 1/2 an avocado

Lunch: Canned tuna mixed with a little mustard, a splash of olive oil mayo (not Paleo/Primal so I kept it to a minimum. There is a way to make Primal mayo but I haven't attempted that yet) and mixed in a few almond slivers for crunch because I have a texture thing with tuna from a can without the crunch from bread. I was still hungry so I made a Primal Protein shake with a banana and some frozen strawberries and a cup of almond milk.

Dinner: I made the most amazing Sun-dried tomato chicken with brussel sprouts and bacon.

Dessert: a few dark chocolate covered blueberries.

I've been eating like this probably 90% of the time over the past month and I'm telling you that it works. The last thing I feel is RESTRICTED. I'm feeling great, my clothes fit and that gets better everyday. I notice that my stomach is just flatter than it was when I was eating grains.  On top of that, I build muscle quickly when I eat this way. I got sick a couple of weeks ago and I bounced back within about 5 trips to the gym--muscles and all!

I hope this gives you all a glimpse as to what I eat and do everyday...if you are at all interested or need some info on where to go just send me an email at bree.noback@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to email you my favorite websites and book titles to help you get started.

Cheers to LIFE--Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment