Welcome to my Life...

A Blog geared toward sharing how I live Primally while still being a girly girl!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coconut Chicken Tenders with Chive and Green Onion Dip

Soooo, I felt like making some yummy Coconut Chicken for dinner tonight! Primal, of course! And it is turning out pretty awesome and it was WAAAAY easy with very few ingredients. I thought I would throw the recipe your way if you are interested! This is enough for 2 people approximately because I'm single people...and I like leftovers!

2 chicken breasts or 6 chicken breast tenders (If you have chicken breasts I recommend cutting them into three pieces so that you can make chicken tenders. I also used organic, free-range chicken

1 Omega-3 enriched egg

1 cup UNSWEETENED coconut flakes or shavings (I used shavings and it's turning out great).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the chicken pieces and dredge them in egg or egg whites if you desire. Then roll them in the coconut flakes and pop them  in a pan and cover with foil for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until the coconut begins to brown.  FYI, It took my chicken tenders about 30 minutes to brown up.

Serve these with my yummy green onion and chive dip.

1/4 to 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt

1/2 a green onion finely chopped

1 fresh chive finely chopped or you can use dried chives as well. I used about 1 teaspoon dried chives as this was my trial run.  Toss all of it in a bowl and mix it up. I ended up adding a little onion powder because I enjoy the flavor. I use this dip a lot to replace Ranch dressing.

This dish smells amazing when cooking, so be prepared!

Cheers to LIFE!--Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment